Donald Trump pleased Europeans are unhappy with him

JohnB

Post by JohnB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 am

US President Donald Trump said if he were popular in Europe, he would not be doing his job. Trump touted the "tremendous service" the US provides European nations, for which they should respect the US.

In his first Cabinet meeting of 2019, US President Donald Trump reflected on his lack of popularity in Europe. The president told reporters on Wednesday that he was unfazed by low approval ratings among Europeans, saying it was his job to demand that Europe treat the US more fairly.

"That's why I got elected," Trump said, reiterating that European countries must be pushed to increase their share of defense spending, a point he has made repeatedly when talking about NATO funding and defense and security in Europe.

"I shouldn't be popular in Europe. If I was popular in Europe, I wouldn't be doing my job," he added.

Trump said Europe was treating the US unfairly on both trade and defense, but he blamed past US presidents for allowing the US to pay for the security of nations. "Germany pays 1 percent; they should be paying 4 percent," Trump said, referring to German defense spending.

The US president admitted that he was aware of the studies proving his low popularity among Europeans and said he did not care about it.

"I'm not elected by Europeans; I'm elected by Americans, by American taxpayers, frankly," Trump said.

He clarified to reporters that his relationship with European leaders was still good and that he considered them friends.

But he was more dismissive of the European public: "We're doing tremendous service to those countries and they should at least respect us. They didn't respect us and that was the problem."

The president also boasted that if he wanted to, he could be the most popular person in Europe. "I could run for any office if I wanted to, but I don't want to," he added.
I am Pope John V

Kiss my ruby slippers

Slappy

Re: Donald Trump pleased Europeans are unhappy with him

Post by Slappy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:47 pm

"I'm not elected by Europeans; I'm elected by Americans, by American taxpayers, frankly," Trump said.
Really who the fuck are they ?

theyre the walking dead

WilyB

Post by WilyB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Alaoue (FF1) was right: Krauts are Europe's problem now. They are too big for Europe and too small (and pathetically powerless) for the World.

Their budget surplus is very detrimental to us, France and the UK and others.

France and the UK should join a new "Bigger Button Nuke Club" (BBNC) alliance with the US of A and raise their defence budget to 5% of GNP. Spain and (Northern) Italy could join too, as all four nations were involved in the birth of the USA nation.
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

JohnB

Post by JohnB » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:35 am

Northern Italy? You referring to Genoa?

Milan has nice shoes n stuff.
I am Pope John V

Kiss my ruby slippers

Mikgof

Post by Mikgof » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 am

WilyB wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:00 pm
Alaoue (FF1) was right: Krauts are Europe's problem now. They are too big for Europe and too small (and pathetically powerless) for the World.

Their budget surplus is very detrimental to us, France and the UK and others.

France and the UK should join a new "Bigger Button Nuke Club" (BBNC) alliance with the US of A and raise their defence budget to 5% of GNP. Spain and (Northern) Italy could join too, as all four nations were involved in the birth of the USA nation.

You are joking I hope. The one thing that I like about Trump is that he has separated the UK from America. And long may it last. Which is why I want Trump running America for as long as possible. The lulz comes a poor second compared to keeping Britain at arm's length away from America. Our national defence is far too important to be squandered on "arms across the ocean" and similar kumbaya bullshit.
Surrealism is the new normal

ranavirus

Post by ranavirus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:39 am

Milan has nice shoes!!!
someone was not reading Berlu , Italia makes the best shoes ever , everyone else wears glorified sandles
teach 1/2er to light a match , he'll learn to be warm
set fire to 1/2er he'll never be cold again