US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post Reply
User avatar
LeJizzOfMatoub
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 7:55 am
Karma: 1198

US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by LeJizzOfMatoub » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 am

Hiring by private US companies again beat expectations in February, pointing to continued robust health of the labor market, according to a survey released Wednesday.

Private companies hired 183,000 new workers in February, far stronger than the 175,000 economists were expecting, the survey showed, according to payroll services firm ADP.

The report is scrutinized for hints of the direction of the crucial government jobs report due out Friday, and despite frequent deviations, the data seem to confirm a solid but slowing job market.

Image

Firms that produce goods added 44,000 while the dominant services sector hired 139,000, both sharply lower than the prior month.

Hiring in January was revised up to 300,000, the highest since February 2006, according to ADP, which originally reported a 213,000 gain.
Jobs, jobs, jobs, unlike silly democrats Trump delivers what he promised. This train has no brakes!
Alan should hire a real admin to fix the board and sack the commie mod.

User avatar
jeanV
Posts: 4551
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm
Karma: 3311

Re: US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by jeanV » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:17 pm



Congrats! I know you're retarded, but this post is so dumb it could have been written by watcha.

Drawing hyperbolic conclusions from the analysis in a poorly written article is awesome.

:lol:

LeJizzOfMatoub wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 am
Private companies hired 183,000 new workers in February, far stronger than the 175,000 economists were expecting,
Gee.

I never knew government estimates on a workforce of 160M were precise to a degree of 8k hires.

:roll:

LeJizzOfMatoub wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 am
Jobs, jobs, jobs, unlike silly democrats Trump delivers what he promised. This train has no brakes!
Uh?

Guess who sent the job market downward in 2007?

And who managed the recovery and set the trend that Trump simply inherited?

Please note on the graph that Trump's only action, the tax cuts, didn't alter the curve slope.

Image


LeJizzOfMatoub wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 am
Jobs, jobs, jobs, unlike silly democrats Trump delivers what he promised. This train has no brakes!

You know? Seriously, I'm almost hoping Trump gets reelected.

He surfed on an upward trend he didn't craft, I'd like him to own the coming downturn.


The thing that holds me back is that would mean another 4 years of a Russian asset at the WH

Not to mention his inefficiency, vulgarity and mendacity.

:twisted:
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

Mikgof
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am
Karma: 1520

Re: US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by Mikgof » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 pm

I wouldn't put great weight on these numbers. Trump himself said many times that the numbers are rigged. The same people produce these numbers and their methodology hasn't changed one iota. So Trump would be the first to say that they are still rigged. He did say that the true unemployment rate is 42% (a very explicit number), so no matter how well the economy might appear to be, the unemployment rate would be at least in the 30% mark. In fact, as the numbers are, as Trump says, rigged, the true unemployment rate might well be higher than the 42% that he claimed 3 years ago.


" August 8, 2016

Donald Trump smells a rat. Or two.

After saying last week that he is worried that the November election will be “rigged” against him, Trump, on Monday, argued in a speech on the economy that the unemployment rate, published once a month by the Labor Department, is a “hoax.”

This isn’t the first time that Trump has questioned the validity of the official unemployment rate, or what economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics have labeled the U-3 rate. But Trump has rarely talked about the unemployment rate in such strong terms, characterizing the employment situation report as simple propaganda meant to trick the public into believing that the economy is in better shape than it’s in."
Surrealism is the new normal

User avatar
jeanV
Posts: 4551
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm
Karma: 3311

Re: US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by jeanV » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Mikgof wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 pm
This isn’t the first time that Trump has questioned the validity of the official unemployment rate


It's his regular modus operandi: Trump only accepts facts which are convenient.

Inconvenient facts are 'questioned', denied, called 'fake news' or countered by 'alternate facts'.


Trump is running the US like the Ingsoc would.

The 'real' facts are what con man Big Fat Brother Trump decides.

The official facts are then distributed to the press by Kellyanne Conwoman and Sarah Huckatrick Sanders.

Those facts are finally broadcasted on the unremovable TV screens in each room, all tuned to Hannity on Fox.


Those early cartoons about Trump 1984 were finally not that far from the mark.

:oops: :lol:

Image
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

Mikgof
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am
Karma: 1520

Re: US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by Mikgof » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 pm

jeanV wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:30 pm
Mikgof wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 pm
This isn’t the first time that Trump has questioned the validity of the official unemployment rate


It's his regular modus operandi: Trump only accepts facts which are convenient.

Inconvenient facts are 'questioned', denied, called 'fake news' or countered by 'alternate facts'.


Trump is running the US like the Ingsoc would.

The 'real' facts are what con man Big Fat Brother Trump decides.

The official facts are then distributed to the press by Kellyanne Conwoman and Sarah Huckatrick Sanders.

Those facts are finally broadcasted on the unremovable TV screens in each room, all tuned to Hannity on Fox.


Those early cartoons about Trump 1984 were finally not that far from the mark.

:oops: :lol:

Image

Is Winston Smith rewriting Trump's first 2 years then? I mean that for 2 years he controlled all branches of government but didn't bother getting funding for his wall. Only when the Dems took control of Congress and the purse strings, did he think it important enough to close down the government and declare a national emergency in an attempt to get the wall built. Why wait 2 years. The wall was the central plank of his platform, but he decided to do nothing about until he lost control of the purse strings. That is going to take a lot of rewriting.
Surrealism is the new normal

User avatar
jeanV
Posts: 4551
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm
Karma: 3311

Re: US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by jeanV » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:51 am

Mikgof wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Is Winston Smith rewriting Trump's first 2 years then? I mean that for 2 years he controlled all branches of government but didn't bother getting funding for his wall. Only when the Dems took control of Congress and the purse strings, did he think it important enough to close down the government and declare a national emergency in an attempt to get the wall built. Why wait 2 years. The wall was the central plank of his platform, but he decided to do nothing about until he lost control of the purse strings. That is going to take a lot of rewriting.


A fair point, to be sure.

But I think I might have a dual explanation: Trump's low IQ coupled to a con man's survival instinct.

• First, Trump tried to kill Obamacare but failed because he's an idiot. The art of failing at deals in action.
• Then Trump passed his only bill = tax cuts (candy to donors) paid by debt (the next generation will pay)
• The wall got sunk in Congress because it never was important to Trump, except to be elected on a con.
• He now revives this as a way to resuscitate us vs. them, secure borders vs. loony Pelosi

(never mind that most of illegals (1) overstay their visas, or (2) cheat their way through key legal points of entry)


Elected by accident, clinging to power through unabashed lying.

Sad!!!!

:cry:
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

Mikgof
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am
Karma: 1520

Re: US private hiring beats expectations in February: ADP

Post by Mikgof » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:12 am

jeanV wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:51 am
Mikgof wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Is Winston Smith rewriting Trump's first 2 years then? I mean that for 2 years he controlled all branches of government but didn't bother getting funding for his wall. Only when the Dems took control of Congress and the purse strings, did he think it important enough to close down the government and declare a national emergency in an attempt to get the wall built. Why wait 2 years. The wall was the central plank of his platform, but he decided to do nothing about until he lost control of the purse strings. That is going to take a lot of rewriting.


A fair point, to be sure.

But I think I might have a dual explanation: Trump's low IQ coupled to a con man's survival instinct.

• First, Trump tried to kill Obamacare but failed because he's an idiot. The art of failing at deals in action.
• Then Trump passed his only bill = tax cuts (candy to donors) paid by debt (the next generation will pay)
• The wall got sunk in Congress because it never was important to Trump, except to be elected on a con.
• He now revives this as a way to resuscitate us vs. them, secure borders vs. loony Pelosi

(never mind that most of illegals (1) overstay their visas, or (2) cheat their way through key legal points of entry)


Elected by accident, clinging to power through unabashed lying.

Sad!!!!

:cry:

In fairness to Trump, he never had a plan for replacing Obamacare. He can't plan, that's why he lost the family fortune in the first place. But the entire Republican party had tried for years to scrap the ACA. You'd think that they would have had some sort of plan in place. They didn't, so that fell through. Even in America, taking away healthcare from millions is unacceptable unless it is replaced with something.


As for the wall. Well, they passed one tax bill in one year. Even Trump ought to be capable of getting a second bill through Congress in the second year. He'd hardly be overworked.
Surrealism is the new normal

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest