Guess who just discovered that hurricanes are wet?

Mikgof

Guess who just discovered that hurricanes are wet?

Post by Mikgof » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 am

We are all so proud of Donnie. So intelligent. We start him on potty training next week.

President Donald Trump became the butt of jokes on Tuesday as he warned Americans about a "tremendously big and a tremendously wet" hurricane this week.

Trump made the comment while speaking at a White House briefing on the administration’s battle plan for Hurricane Florence, but he appeared to struggle when it came to describing the forthcoming storm.

“They haven't seen anything like what's coming at us in 25, 30 years, maybe ever. It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water,” Trump said, before an apparent reference to Hurricane Harvey's toll on the Houston area last year. “It could very well be very similar to Texas in the sense that it's tremendous amounts of water ... probably more water than we've ever seen in a storm or a hurricane.”

Trump also touted his response to last year’s deadly hurricane in Puerto Rico, which according to one study, officially killed nearly 3,000 people.

"I think Puerto Rico was incredibly successful. Puerto Rico was actually our toughest one of all because it is an island," he said. "I actually think it is one of the best jobs that's ever been done with respect to what this is all about."

Late-night comedian Stephen Colbert played a clip from the briefing on “The Daily Show,” where he slammed Trump for making the dangerous hurricane “all about himself.”

“He's right. It was definitely unsung. Maybe because no one could plug in their mics because it took 11 months to restore power,” Colbert joked. “So you know what? Let's sing it now: Youuuuuu totally suuuuucked! Take your paper towels and cram them.”

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz retweeted video of Colbert’s late-night roast and called Trump's remarks “despicable.”

“Success? Federal response according to Trump in Puerto Rico a success? If he thinks the death of 3,000 people [is] a success God help us all,” she tweeted separately. “Pres Trump thinks losing 3,000 lives is a success. Can you imagine what he thinks failure looks like?”

Trump appeared to brush off the criticism as Hurricane Florence headed toward the East Coast, where North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia are forecast to see the worst damage.

Most of Trump's Tuesday night tweets were aimed at lawmakers, including “Crazy Maxine Waters,” and the “unfairly set up” Russia collusion probe.

The White House has approved North Carolina and South Carolina’s requests for federal emergency declarations, allowing for greater coordination among states and federal agencies. Trump also approved a federal emergency declaration for Virginia.
Surrealism is the new normal

jeanV

Re: Guess who just discovered that hurricanes are wet?

Post by jeanV » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:19 am

Mikgof wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 am
Trump appeared to struggle when it came to describing the forthcoming storm.

“They haven't seen anything like what's coming at us in 25, 30 years, maybe ever

It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water,”

probably more water than we've ever seen in a storm or a hurricane.”

"I think Puerto Rico was incredibly successful. Puerto Rico was actually our toughest one of all because it is an island," he said. "I actually think it is one of the best jobs that's ever been done with respect to what this is all about."
I usually cringe when I hear the toupee in chief spew crap,

but I think I bristle the most when I hear him say the word ever

I suspect in his illiterate reality TV person vocab, it means "in the past one or two news cycles".

Or something like that.

:roll:
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

WilyB

Post by WilyB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 am

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz retweeted video of Colbert’s late-night roast and called Trump's remarks “despicable.”

“Success? Federal response according to Trump in Puerto Rico a success? If he thinks the death of 3,000 people [is] a success God help us all,” she tweeted separately. “Pres Trump thinks losing 3,000 lives is a success. Can you imagine what he thinks failure looks like?”
Failure looks like Lying Yulín.

PR.PNG
You see about 500 "extra" death in September and 600 October 2017, or about 1,100 total, then it is back to normal. This is unfortunate but these people already had a foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel. :)

Now look at April and May 2018: death per month are yugely under the norm.

So Lying Yulín is a crypto-communist piece of shit and she will say anything to cover up her terrible responsibilities in that tragic event. :x
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

ranavirus

Post by ranavirus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 am

two famous ffers to think of spike in myrtle beach SC and blanket trader at the Smithsonian quilt museum in nc

Slappy

Post by Slappy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:32 am

they're either real bad or nothing ...

MSNBC is on full death watch to blame it all on Trump
Bush hates black people .
Hillary loves Haitians ...

Nazis

They brought up 10 million dollars was taken from fema and transferred to ice

The dumb mslsd broad was trying to make it all about Trump
The fema guy was getting visably annoyed and had to Say it more than once that it had no effect on thier response

None

They have 20 billion roflmao

10 million Trump hates you

It's supposed to be about warning and helping people who may need it shortly ..not with the globalist commies

Trump took 10 million

Thiers a list of government agencies that have to give up one whole fucking percent of thier budget to border security

It's just what a racist Nazi would do .....ba derp

WilyB

Post by WilyB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 am

I made some good dough from FEMA this week, taking trailers' full of MRE down to A.P. Hill. (in the '40s, it was the staging area for the headquarters and corps troops of Major General George S. Patton’s Task Force A).
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

Slappy

Post by Slappy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:40 pm

WilyB wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 am
I made some good dough from FEMA this week, taking trailers' full of MRE down to A.P. Hill. (in the '40s, it was the staging area for the headquarters and corps troops of Major General George S. Patton’s Task Force A).
howd they pay ya ? trump stole 10 million to lock brown children up in cages :D

the north and south Carolina national guard was getting ready ...first responders from other states were already moving into position with equipment ...ready to go where needed

they warned people once the winds hit over 50 mph no one will be picking up 911 youre on your own until the storms over

Slappy

Post by Slappy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 pm

trump was right

is probably gonna stall and park then proceed to dump two shitloads of rain

i gots hundreds of miles of mountains between me and the coast BUT we're probably gonna get a shitload of rain here

we had a higher than usual amount of rain this summer to
the other night it rain super hard for like 45 minutes
just didnt let up
grounds already wet

same east of here they're already saturated on the Carolina coast with a higher than normal rainy season
the rain and the storm surge

IT IS gonna be WET

INDEED

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 pm

ranavirus wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 am
two famous ffers to think of spike in myrtle beach SC and blanket trader at the Smithsonian quilt museum in nc
Lest we forget Spike’s Pony, hopefully they didn’t leave it out in the elements

Slappy

Post by Slappy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:58 pm

TWITTER ROASTS WEATHER CHANNEL REPORTER FOR FAKING HURRICANE WIND INTENSITY
Reporter struggles to stand as two guys casually stroll behind him
Infowars.com - SEPTEMBER 14, 2018
Twitter Roasts Weather Channel Reporter for Faking Hurricane Wind Intensity
A day after the Weather Channel was praised for its outstanding green screen graphics depicting Hurricane Florence’s 10-foot storm surge, a reporter for the network is facing allegations he exaggerated wind speeds out in the field.

In the report shot in South Carolina Friday, a journalist is seen rocking back and forth fighting to stand in the face of 75-mile per hour winds.

Twitter users, however, keenly observed the journalist appeared to be exaggerating the intensity of the wind speeds as two men casually strolled into the shot behind him apparently impervious to Florence’s devastating winds.

Does “CNN own the Weather Channel?” asked one user, accusing the network of airing “fake news.”

:lol:
And the hits kept rolling in:

MSTRDaB8R
@gordo924
This dude from @weatherchannel is straight up faking this. He can barely stand up while 2 dudes just walk by in the background. I think that’s why producers panned our 😂 yes. This storm is bad but literally don’t need #fakewind added to the madness #HurricanFlorence #FakeNews

3:13 PM - Sep 14, 2018
188 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Tony scar.
@gourdnibler
So dramatic! Dude from the weather channel bracing for his life, as 2 dudes just stroll past. #HurricaneFlorence

3:08 PM - Sep 14, 2018
137K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Jonathan Leavitt
@survivorJon
The Weather channel was selling this storm like they were getting a commission.

Scotty McGuire
@McguireScotty
FAKE NEWS IT'S JUST EPIDEMIC#HurricaneFlorence
It might be funny sometimes. But deception is deception.

Slappy

Post by Slappy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:07 pm

RACIST EVIL WHITE MALE CHRISTIANS
bastards !

:roll:

President Donald Trump celebrated the “Cajun Navy,” a group of citizen volunteers who traveled to rescue citizens from the wrath of Hurricane Florence.
“We love the Cajun Navy – THANK YOU!” Trump wrote on Twitter on Friday, sharing a video of the group.

The Cajun Navy was formed after Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana in 2005. They also rescued hundreds of victims in the 2017 hurricane season in Texas during Hurricane Harvey. About 1,000 volunteers traveled up to the Carolinas to help with victims of Hurricane Florence.

Jessica Ditto

@JessicaDitto45
Cajun Navy is awesome! They evacuated over 500 people last night during the storm.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
We love the #CajunNavy - THANK YOU! #FlorenceHurricane2018

6:12 PM - Sep 14, 2018
25 people are talking about this

Many volunteers of the Cajun Navy participated in the rescue of hundreds of citizens who were caught by rising tides in New Bern, North Carolina.

Todd Terrell, founder and president of the United Cajun Navy, spoke to National Public Radio on Friday about their efforts.

He said that the sudden storm surge surprised many North Carolina citizens.

“It’s people helping people,” he said shortly, about the volunteers who joined his organization.

jeanV

Post by jeanV » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Slappy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:07 pm
President Donald Trump celebrated the “Cajun Navy,”
I know why Trump celebrates the “Cajun Navy,”

Since Manafort flipped, Trump is getting ready to be sent to prison.

Where Big Leroy will teach Trump to love the ways of the “Navy,”

Slappy

Post by Slappy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 pm

jeanV wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm
Slappy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:07 pm
President Donald Trump celebrated the “Cajun Navy,”
I know why Trump celebrates the “Cajun Navy,”

Since Manafort flipped, Trump is getting ready to be sent to prison.

Where Big Leroy will teach Trump to love the ways of the “Navy,”

the cajun navy are deplorables with pickup trucks towing their shallow water boats

Mericans

theyre racist nazi trump lovers ...derp

and WHO ? brennon ? wot :twisted:

one million without power

:twisted: :lol:

looks like its gonna rain tomorrow hopefully we don't lose power
its coming for ya lyme

jeanV

Post by jeanV » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:46 am

Slappy wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 pm
deplorables with pickup trucks ... racist nazi trump lovers
That the US has descended in extremist polarization, Commies vs. Nazis,

is, regrettably, a sign of the near mortal weakening of the United States.

Reminds me of the atmosphere of the books of the late great Giovanni Guareschi.

I own a 1953 edition. I'll be thinking of Knoxville next time I re-read it. :P