Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post Reply
User avatar
Brett Kavanaugh
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Karma: 10

Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by Brett Kavanaugh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 am

Image


In a CBS interview, President Trump says he didn't care whether Dr. Ford's allegations against me were true or not.

All he wanted was to secure +1 conservative SCOTUS seat to energize his base for the midterms.
Trump provided a clue in his CBS News interview. Trump declared that it “doesn’t matter” whether Ford was telling the truth, “because we won” in getting Brett Kavanaugh confirmed. Pressed by CBS News’s Lesley Stahl on why he ridiculed Ford, Trump claimed that if he hadn’t, they would not have “won.” When Stahl pointed out that “thousands” of his supporters laughed at Ford after he did that, Trump insisted the Kavanaugh battle has “become a big factor in the midterms. Have you seen what’s gone on with the polls?”

Trump’s ugly, dishonest CBS interview reveals GOP’s predicament in midterms

In other words, President Trump was never interested in the truth.

As for me, well,

I forgot.

Image

User avatar
WilyB
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 am
Karma: 1823
Location: High up down town

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by WilyB » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am

In other words, President Trump was never interested in the truth.

JeanV: I've been telling you for years now that facts don't fucking matter as much as perception does.

Mrs Ford almost won with her opening monologue, very strong on perception (5 yrs old voice, hair in the face etc.) and horrible on facts as she openly lied about flying, about the 2nd door, about everything.

Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Brett Cavanaugh had a very strong monologue on both perception and facts.

Guess what? he won, because as they were about par on perception, he had the facts and she did not. Had he lost the perception fight, even with all the facts in the world, he would have lost.

perception.jpg
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

User avatar
Brett Kavanaugh
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Karma: 10

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by Brett Kavanaugh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:21 am

.
Mr. WilyB, you appear to be a very confused individual. As much is evident from your initial statement:

why you should address an Associate SCOTUS Justice named Brett Kavanaugh as 'JeanV' is a mystery.


Now, as to the substance of your statement:
WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am
facts don't fucking matter as much as perception does.

The point you're raising here is somewhat metaphysical and remote from the issue of my nomination.

But to address your aside, one might note that when truth ceases to matter, democracy is in danger.

Does the slogan "War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength" ring a bell?


WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am
• Mrs Ford almost won with her opening monologue, very strong on perception • Associate Justice Brett Cavanaugh had a very strong monologue on .. perception
.. they were about par on perception ..

You're fighting a losing battle here. I personally conceded publicly I should not have spoken as I did:

I allowed myself to lose my temper (bad for a judge) and allowed myself to appear partisan.

Trump now owns me. Bad for the Supreme Court of the United States. A win for me, a loss for the US.

The only people who might have 'perceived' my deposition as good are probably deplorable people.

I'll grant you they were the public Mr. Trump had in mind, but it doesn't rub the disgrace away.


WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am
• Mrs Ford (was) horrible on facts as she openly lied about flying, about the 2nd door, about everything.
• Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Brett Cavanaugh (was) very strong monologue on .. facts.

This is a totally unsubstantiated statement. The only question was: did I in my youth try to molest young Dr. Ford?

The only way to have a fair idea would have been to submit me to a polygraph test.

Since Senator Grassley and President Trump were not interested in the truth (as stated by President Trump on CBS)

I was spared that. Which is a shame really, because I might have passed the test with flying colors.

I might have been sufficiently drunk on that occasion not to have any precise recollection of the event.



Anyway, this conversation has been most useful, and I thank you for it.

Now that I know that supporters of President Trump do not care about truth, only about political 'wins',

do expect me to vote on SCOTUS decision purely on partisan grounds, with complete disregard for the truth.

You'll lap it up.

Just like me beer.

:twisted:

Image

User avatar
WilyB
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 am
Karma: 1823
Location: High up down town

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by WilyB » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am

why you should address an Associate SCOTUS Justice named Brett Kavanaugh as 'JeanV' is a mystery.
There is an element of truth here as I do not envy you at all (du Pacifique), Brett.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... happy-hour
"War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength" ring a bell?
I do not do slogans. I kind of like “The rose is red, the violet's blue, The honey's sweet, and so are you.” But that’s about the extent of it.
Trump now owns me.
No, not a chance. Brett is a conservative Justice in the legal sense, not the political one. Brett is a Constitutionalist who focuses on correctly ascertaining the objective original meaning of the Constitution’s text.
The only question was: did I in my youth try to molest young Dr. Ford?
I don’t know any “Dr.” Ford. I know of a Mrs. Ford, whom may be addressed as “professor”. A polygraph test, as any judge worth his robe knows, is worth fuck zilch in Court.
I might have been sufficiently drunk…
While I agree that this would be a prerequisite for the envisioned task, the other absolute requirement would be (very) close physical proximity. As all the witnesses presented by Pr. Ford said you were not at an unspecified location at an unspecified time in a room with her, then no, rest assured, you did not molest Pr. Ford (or more likely, Pr. Ford did not molest you).

roses-are-red-violets-are-blue-meme-funny-jokes-poems-collection.png
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

User avatar
Mikgof
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am
Karma: 1250

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by Mikgof » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm

WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am
In other words, President Trump was never interested in the truth.

JeanV: I've been telling you for years now that facts don't fucking matter as much as perception does.

Mrs Ford almost won with her opening monologue, very strong on perception (5 yrs old voice, hair in the face etc.) and horrible on facts as she openly lied about flying, about the 2nd door, about everything.

Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Brett Cavanaugh had a very strong monologue on both perception and facts.

Guess what? he won, because as they were about par on perception, he had the facts and she did not. Had he lost the perception fight, even with all the facts in the world, he would have lost.


perception.jpg
Sadly you're spot on with your assessment. Facts no longer seem to matter except as a kernel to build lies around. This is how dictatorships are run and it's deadly dangerous for democracies. This is why money is so important in American politics. It pays for advertising to get your perception of the world to the electorate.
Surrealism is the new normal

User avatar
Brett Kavanaugh
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Karma: 10

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by Brett Kavanaugh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 pm

WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am
I don’t know any “Dr.” Ford. I know of a Mrs. Ford, whom may be addressed as “professor”.

I understand you're not a native English speaker, whence your ignorance as to the use of the abbreviation 'Dr.'.

At the time I might have tried to molest now Mrs. Ford, she wasn't a professor, but a student.

Being too drunk to remember her studies prior to that, I referred to her as a PhD student, i.e. a candidate to being a Dr.


WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am
A polygraph test, as any judge worth his robe knows, is worth fuck zilch in Court.

Beggars can't be choosy. In this 'he says, she says', there are only 3 witnesses directly involved in the case:

Blasey-Ford, my drunk friend who is in and out of rehab and myself (who still likes beer).

None of the other participants at this party would have remembered it as no scandal was raised.

So polygraphs were the only tool to try to shed a light in the case. And the FBI thinks they often do so.


So I can't thank enough Senator Grassley and President Trump for having done their best not to get at the truth.

After all, even if I was probably drunk as a skunk at the time, the event was so exceptional I might have remembered it.

:oops:

User avatar
jeanV
Posts: 3986
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm
Karma: 2672

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by jeanV » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:25 pm

WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am
"War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength" ring a bell?
I do not do slogans.


But if I remember well, you 'do' some religion.

How about a quote from my namesake?

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

:P
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

User avatar
Soft Arrogance
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:45 am
Karma: 608

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by Soft Arrogance » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 pm

We are all trumped! :roll:
The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water.

User avatar
WilyB
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 am
Karma: 1823
Location: High up down town

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by WilyB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:57 pm

Mikgof wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm
Facts no longer seem to matter except as a kernel to build lies around. This is how dictatorships are run and it's deadly dangerous for democracies.
Spot on Mik. Look at Sen. Elizabeth Warren (a.k.a. Pocahontas). She is that dumb to claim that 1/1024th trace of Amerindian ancestry in her DNA does prove her tenure claim in Havard was legit. For her facts do not matter as you say. She "feels" Cherokee, well, good enough, she is Cherokee.

Guess what: apparently we (you and I) have a X and a Y chromosome. So we are 50% female, right? We can go to women dressing room anytime, right?

I've had so many blood transfers some decades ago that I suspect I have more chance of being way more Burkinabe than our friend JeanV or may be as much Celt than you! :shock:

Joke asides, fact is that Trump uses perception to push the right (pun intended) agenda, you know, like MAGA. And he is incredibly successful. The US economy is booming, North Korea is not lobbing missiles over Japan anymore, etc, etc, and he is even getting his money back from that whore.

Pocahontas is failing, thanks god, at perception because she has no facts to back her up.

Ok, she may have 1/1024th of a fact. LOL.

Trump so far is 100% on spot: all he is doing is what he pledged to do during his 2016 campaign.

0.90% vs 100.00%. As an American I know whom I will vote for in 20 days.
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

User avatar
LeJizzOfMatoub
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 7:55 am
Karma: 1003

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by LeJizzOfMatoub » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am

WilyB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am

JeanV
Exactly, that's him that's the guy who banned me for three months for using my other account i also noticed he was using a Berlusconi account what a bloody hypocrite! Worst mod we ever had since MadPoet and if you dare to question his legitimicay he will cry about harassment just like a feminist or that blonde bulldyke MadPoet.
Alan should hire a real admin to fix the board and sack the commie mod.

User avatar
jeanV
Posts: 3986
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm
Karma: 2672

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by jeanV » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:14 am

LeJizzOfMatoub wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am
that's the guy who banned me for three months


Repeating this lie won't make it true.


Especially since it's so easy to prove.


Image
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

User avatar
WilyB
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 am
Karma: 1823
Location: High up down town

Re: Trump betrays me, admits Dr. Ford might have told the truth

Post by WilyB » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm

LeJizzOfMatoub wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am
that's the guy who banned me for three months
Maybe JeanV, but a week without Matoub's generous Karmas feels like three months to me too! ;)
Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies, doesn’t mean you can do karate.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests